A biohazard is a biological material or infectious agent that presents a health risk to humans, animals, or the environment. Being in contact with these materials or agents poses the threat of exposure to hazardous pathogens. Due to the risk of exposure, trained and certified professionals should be involved in the cleanup of biohazards. DAI’s staff of technicians have been trained in OSHA, CDC, and EPA regulations and guidelines, and are certified by the IICRC in trauma and microbial remediation.
There is a variety of hazardous clean ups
The most common types of biologically hazardous conditions are:
Bloodborne and/or Airborne pathogens
Bodily fluids and secretions
Chemical hazards (e.g. oil spills)
Crime scene aftermath
Viral and infectious disease contamination
Human remains (or waste)
Animal remains (or waste)
Unattended death or Suicide
Biohazard material removal
Medical waste Removal
Why Call DAI RESTORE’S Hazardous Cleanup Professionals?
There are many reasons why you want to call a professional cleaning company to perform a biohazard cleanup or a crime scene cleanup.
– Keep your family away from the area, or in a commercial space you want to keep your employees safe and away from the affected areas that could contain infectious disease and bloodborne pathogens.
– When dealing with biohazard and trauma clean ups DAI is aware of the local and state
regulations and ensures we follow their protocol on disposal of
contaminated debris or content.
– DAI is here to help minimize the risk of mental fatigue, stress, and trauma to survivors, families, friends, or employees that has been affected by the incident.
– DAI knows the correct procedure and how important it is to respond immediately with respectful, trained technicians to contain and the clean the affected areas. Let us help you save time and energy while we deal with the traumatic event that had taken place.
– DAI understands how important your property is so call on us to help restore your properties value after you experience a biohazard situation.
DAI DOES THAT! This is our Process…
On Site Assessment
– DAI will dispatch a crew of certified biohazard technicians to your property to evaluate and document the affected areas.
Containment of Affected Area
– Once the site is cleared and the work is ready to begin, DAI will contain the affected areas and establish an area to apply their personal protective equipment before removing anything from the affected areas.
Removal and Sanitization
– DAI’s certified technicians will remove and sanitize any affected material within the contaminated area, and discard in appropriate receptacles following local and state guidelines.
– DAI RESTORE is a full circle company meaning if you needed assistance in reconstructing your property after the affected materials have been removed and treated then we can help you with that as well.
– Our team at DAI is here with you every step of the process and we document every step as well so we can show and satisfy all parties involved the protocol and steps we took to achieve the final outcome.
Tips when handling Biohazard Exposure
When dealing with a Biohazard scene you always want trained personnel to handle the cleaning process. If that option is not available, here are a few tips when in the situation.
Always wear some sort of gloves and any other protective cover-all gear if possible.
Be certain not to rub your eyes when dealing with hazardous material.
If there are any needles, syringes, blades, scissors, suture equipment, broken glass or test tubes, or any sharp material that could contain human blood or a pathogen (AKA SHARPS) they should be stored in a leak proof hard container.
After cleaning the affected area, whether you encountered the substance or not, it is vital to wash your hands thoroughly with disinfectant soap and warm water.
When completed cleaning the affected areas of its biohazardous material, it is crucial that you dispose of all your safety equipment by placing it in a plastic bag and sealing it.
The cleaning of these scenes/situations holds an inherent risk of contamination, therefore only professionals with the proper protective gear, equipment, and cleaning chemicals should be involved. All DAI techs have been trained in the necessity and proper use of PPE, keeping the health and safety of their customers and staff first priority above all else. In the handling of a traumatic event, DAI understands the emotional and sometimes overwhelming reaction to such an experience. We are here for you and will handle the cleanup process with care and compassion while keeping your privacy and dignity preserved.